Sunday, July 19, 2009

It's Official!

I'm officially a triathlete!

That's pretty much all I have to say for now. Unofficial results say I'm 7 minutes under my goal! Will wait for proper results to give a full race report. Glad to say, I caught the bug I've been wanting to catch all this time! I want to race again!

Friends, if you're reading this: THANK YOU! Thank you for putting up with a friend who puts off hang-outs and nights out so that she could train. I've been selfish, and really, that's what I needed. To be selfish for awhile and go after something only I could make happen. ( ...and Trifitness training of course!) Thank you all for your support and telling me on a consistent basis that I kick ass. I thought about everyone out there, and it pushed me to hammer down and pass people. I will sign up for more races, but I also want to be better at balancing training time, with spending time with those of you who have shown me true friends do exist.

3 comments:

Krista July 20, 2009 at 8:17 AM  

Congrats!! So glad to hear you caught the bug (wouldn't be a bummer if you didn't after all the crap you have to buy?)!

maura July 20, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

YES!!! Go Heather!
Now let's hang out.