Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm Not Dead

It's been three weeks since my last post. I was trying so hard to keep up with at least one post a week but things have been pretty crazy. I've lost my triathlon training momentum. Part of it is being completely burnt out. Another part of it is because I've begun a new relationship. Not typical of me to throw that out to the masses, but it's directly affecting my training schedule. Sometimes I care and I'm hard on myself about missing workouts. Mostly I'm just incredibly happy and could care less about triathlons, work, paying bills, putting out the recycling, laundry and so on...

I'm trying to gauge whether this slack in regimen is a good thing or if its telling me triathlons were never a priority. I tend to over think things but when I see my priorities change so quickly and dramatically it's hard not to draw conclusions. Been making time when I can, trying not to completely lose focus. I have a triathlon on the 20th and I can't wait for it to be over. I just don't want to think about racing for awhile.

2 comments:

Krista September 11, 2009 at 8:01 AM  

Glad to hear you are happy and not dead :)

Rachel September 29, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

It's okay to take a blog hiatus once in awhile! Think of it as "recovery." And don't worry about your lack of motivation. The off season draws ever closer...