Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"She's a warrior."

kettlebellsThis has been an amazingly long day. It's almost 11:30 pm now, I woke up this morning at 4:50 am. I went to the 5:30 am kettlebell class with what I've dubbed the "Dad Crew". The class consists of me and three guys in their 40s?, two of which are named Sean. Anyway they do 5:30 am on Mondays and Wednesdays. The first 40 min of the Wednesday class is kettlebells, and now the rest of the hour or so is MMA. They do sambo and roll around the floor while I stick to kickboxing. Sorry, as much as I like working out with the Dad Crew, I will not roll around the floor with them, nothing personal.

Anyway, at one point while I was doing bag work I heard Sean #2 say something about me, I think like "She's really getting a workout too." or the like. Then Sean #1 said, "Yea, she's a warrior." It made my day. I much prefer working out with men, even if it makes me the minority. Very often in fitness classes the women chat about their kids or complain. I can't stand it. Shut up and work out, tea time is after class.

So after class, I rushed home and got ready for work. Work, a semi-slow day and damn the temptations! Ate a bagel and chips compliments of my company. The designers are partner rats. We eat the leftovers from meetings with partners. The spread usually involves brownies, chips, cookies, meat filled wraps, and if we're lucky, fruit salad.

After work I had about an hour and a half of free time, which was spent catching up on the latest configuration of the STD venn diagram that is Rock of Love, and headed off to my 'Swimming for Triathletes" class. It begins with half an hour of abs/pilates work, followed by an hour or so of drills. The main coach, Pascale, said I had improved already. I was so glad to hear this. Apparently I don't "snake" anymore, and my kicks are slowly improving. At this point, I'm willing to take ANY improvement. She said it was noticeable that I had been practicing.

Class ends at 9:15, but by the time I'm on the road it's like 9:40. Then it's a 40 min drive back home, oh and I had to stop for groceries. I was pretty much floating through the Stop&Shop. I'm glad I made it home. Guess what?! I get to do this whole schedule again next Wednesday! Thanks MLK JR! Ah, he's worth it, even if I DON'T get the day off :(

0 comments: