Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sick, ickity ick.

Well, I'm sick. I haven't been sick in almost a year. I guess I should be happy with the fact that getting sick isn't as bad as it used to be for me. It's hard to believe a few years ago being sick meant months of misery, and now I can overcome a cold within a week.
Part of my recovery is just keeping a positive attitude. I tell myself that I can beat this, and that it doesn't have to last for weeks or months. The other difficult part is taking it easy and not working out. I want to run, I want to move, but I know I can't breathe well enough to do so. That and I feel ridiculously weak.
Finally took a day off work today. Sleeping in felt so amazing. They say getting sick is just your body's way of telling you to take it easy. Perhaps this is true. So no crazy gym nights until I get better. I did manage a 40 length swim Monday night, and yoga tonight. I think I'm already getting over this cold, so hopefully I can be back at it next week.

0 comments: